Saturday, July 14, 2012

What's in a name?

My blog name had to be something meaningful.  I take pride in the names I have come up with for the artwork I have created because there is usually an underlying meaning, a play on words or they are very tongue-in-cheek. So I felt compelled to do the same with this blog.  Here's a breakdown:

Momma's - I am now a  Mom and these are my words.  
Daily - This is obvious because I plan on posting happy thoughts every day!
Relish - I'll let dictionary.com show you, but I think you'll get it after you read it:

Relish  [rel-ish]  noun

1. liking or enjoyment of the taste of something.
2. pleasurable appreciation of anything; liking: He has no relish for obscene jokes.
3. Cookery 
a. something savory or appetizing added to a meal, as pickles or olives.
b. a sweet pickle made of various vegetables, usually chopped or minced.
c. an appetizer or hors d'oeuvre.
4. a pleasing or appetizing flavor.
5. a pleasing or enjoyable quality.
 
verb (used with object)
8. to take pleasure in; like; enjoy: I don't relish the long drive home.
9. to make pleasing to the taste.
10. to like the taste of.
 
 Now, go enjoy your day and pass along a smile! They are contagious!

No comments:

Post a Comment